Tuesday, July 24, 2012




YIKES!!



THIS IS JUST WHAT I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT




While dozing off [ed. - I mean reading articles] at the keyboard this morning I read an article on PC World's website where they were talking about a report they had read about vendors like SKYPE, Tom-Tom, Symantec, etc. studying who updates when and who doesn't. Yes, I also read about Microsoft (which recently bought SKYPE) putting a backdoor into the program for something equivalent to wire-tapping, but that's a rumor, and until it's proven that is all it will be (as far as I'm concerned). Back to the article at hand: Long story, short version. People tend to put off updates until they are tired of seeing the pop-ups [ed. - and you know what I say about pop-ups right? Close the box, and go directly to the website to get the


latest updates, thus avoiding fake pop-ups]. The article can be found
HERE. Meanwhile, there's a nifty chart just to the left. Click on the "CLICK ME" to see the larger image [something you can actually read].


CLICK ME

No comments:

Post a Comment