Monday, July 23, 2012




RUSSIAN RESPONSIBLE FOR DDOS ATTACKS ON AMAZON AND OTHER U.S. WEBSITES IS CAUGHT



The guy who pulled off the DDOS attacks, which basically ties up a websites server so it becomes non-accessible, has been caught 4 years later and is coming to the good old United States for trial. Don't worry 'bout my picture, I'm still bummed about Office 2013 (see my other blog for that news).

And as I type this now on Monday morning, I've made my usual rounds of various security sites and SURPRISE, either someone didn't wake up in time to write about one, but, I did not read about any new, nefarious viruses.

So, to end this brief blogpost, REMEMBER:


  • Make sure your Anti-Virus software is up-2-date.

  • If it's been awhile, run that Malwarebytes scan (after you update, 'natch)

  • Check and make sure that your Adobe Reader, and Flash are current versions - yep, that's right, not from the pop-up box, but directly from their website [ed. - The links are on the front page]

  • Take your Vitamins

  • Make sure JAVA is current

  • If you find out you are infected and can't correct it - turn off the PC and call for help.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment