Wednesday, July 25, 2012



WHO DAT SINGING THE 'OL "JAVA BLUES"?


Fresh from my daily Computerworld Security e-mail, I immediately noticed the subject header of the e-mail: "Java flaws increasingly targeted by attackers, researchers say".


A little piece from inside the e-mail reads: "Java vulnerabilities are increasingly exploited by attackers to infect computers, and the problem could become worse if Oracle doesn't do more to secure the product and keep its installation base up to date" [ed.- we have noticed an increase in Java malware in the last few months. Yes, there are still holes in "Flash", but I figured I'd throw my two cents in while I had the keyboard, and two cents in-hand]. And how do you update Java? When a pop-up tells you to? NO. Direct from their website (you can't miss it, the download tab is bright red and on the first page). Just remember to go to http://www.java.com


'Nuff Said

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment