Wednesday, February 26, 2014

ROUTER ME THIS, ROUTER ME THAT BATMAN...

OH WOE THE WIRELESS ROUTER





As I wrote sometime ago, there was a security problem with Linksys wireless routers, and then I read about security issues with ASUS wireless routers. Did it stop there? No. Having recently read an article on Techworld's website, it was somewhat disturbing to digest it's contents. Here is an excerpt -

"Using the top 50 selling home routers for sale on Amazon, the firm detected software vulnerabilities in three quarters with a third of these having publically documented flaws open for any attacker to exploit. Common problems included vulnerable management interfaces and dodgy authentication."

That my fervent readers is a freak'n bunch of routers. This all ties in with another article whose topic dealt with wireless routers propagating an aerial viral attack on other wireless routers.

I can attest to the fact that many of the routers I come across have never had their login/passwords changed from the factory default [until I changed them], but how many others are there like this? I think there are a lot of them. You can read the Techworld article HERE, and the aerial assault article HERE.

'Nuff Said,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment