Sunday, January 20, 2013


LIKE A BROKEN RECORD









Did you ever have a record, or Cd for that matter, that would always reach a certain point that would "BLIP" you backwards by a minute or two only to have it happen over and over and over and over and - well, have you?

You knew that if you could just jump ahead, past the glitch, everything would be just fine but nine out of ten times you couldn't do a darn thing to fix it, and I mean REALLY fix it.


Remember seeing the image above on a recent Blog post of mine? Well, if it were music, it would be skipping in so many places, due to so many flaws in the master pressing that the master would have been thrown out. Why the analogy? I like analogies; they seem to get technical points across to folks without talking over their heads or making them feel dumb [ed. - like a certain "Squad" I've heard about].


"Javas latest desperate attempt at putting a band-aid on an almost severed limb"


 This morning, while digesting the weekend security news I ran across an article (actually several, but I'm picking only one of them out to link to) regarding Javas latest desperate attempt at putting a band-aid on an almost severed limb.

The article was about JAVA 7, update 11, which recently came out after the US Government suggested users disable JAVA. Like a broken record I read the same lines I've read before: "Researchers discover security holes in latest JAVA patch". No, now you've got to be kidding me? Is it April 1st? Am I secretly being recorded for a new reality show? Okay Charles, you can come out from behind the fake html screen now....

You can read it and weep, HERE. I'm going downstairs to start brewing some real java -

'Nuff Said,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment