Sunday, September 23, 2012



WHEN THE BLOOD BEGINS TO BOIL






Yeah, I'm back again. I was just reading about the new 2013 Security Suites, and scrolled a little too far past the end of the article and found myself looking at the comment section.

Some guy, calling himself  "computertech" went on a rage saying (yes, I'm quoting now so any spelling errors are his)-

"This article is a joke, I own and operate a computer repair shop, we do tons of virus removals, and so many of the computers we get in that are infected have norton or mcafee on them, and it did nothing to stop the virus.  Any tech will tell you norton is a joke and not worth the money.  We have tested them all, and kaspersky internet secuity has been perfect for us for over 6 years, never an infection in the shop, and not one customer has been infected while using it."

Fellow readers and fervent fans, this guy is a joke. Any PC Tech worth his salt knows that there is NO security suite that will block everything the hackers come up with today (unless they hire someone from "Men who stare at goats" to read the hackers mind). 

Yes, there are several suites better than others, but none of them are impervious, and I'm just venting a bit because if I heard a tech say something similar like that to a customer I'd correct that situation immediately. Whatever you're using, usually a purchased Security Suite will work better than a free one, but the weakest link in any computer security is the user - never let your guard down, keep your Flash, Adobe Reader, and JAVA updated via their websites as updates occur. Surf well, surf safe my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment