Tuesday, March 25, 2014

MONDAY MARCH 24 BYTES ON TUESDAY

IT'S TUESDAY
GET YOUR NEWS LATE!






From over the weekend, news bits and bytes dredged up from under water coolers in secure offices, dark alleyways that smell, inside a half eaten can of cold beans taken from the hand of a Hobo, and at times from various websites comes this weeks breathtaking news...


MICROSOFT WARNS WORD USERS

[ed. - For years I've been telling my customers to "never have their preview windows in Outlook open"]. Microsoft is warning customers this week for Microsoft Word versions 2003-2014, and Word RT about a vulnerability that exists in Word (Outlooks default editor) where malicious code could be executed in a mail message by just having it open in the preview window. Yesterday they issued  Microsoft Security Advisory (2953095), which explains this in more detail and please go there to read to full Advisory.


EA GETS HACKED

EA [the computer game maker] said one of it's web servers was hacked, and the people who did it put up an Apple login page. Anyone who logged into the fake iTunes page got their credentials stolen. No word on how many were taken but it would enough for me if I were you who did it, to start changing passwords pronto! Read the Article HERE.


LOOKING FOR A CHEAP FLASH DRIVE?


Well, I was, so over the weekend I found that prices were pretty darn good and thought I'd bring it up in this blog post. I found a PNY Turbo 64gb USB 3.0 flash drive for only $31.77 [the same thing at 128gb was under $50]. I put the link somewhere, oh, it's HERE



MALWAREBYTES VERSION 2.0 IS....FINALLY HERE!

We've been wondering when this was coming out, and I suspected very soon after reading there was a new version that also continued to support Windows XP computers. Yesterday I checked their Blog several times until I finally saw the announcement!

In part, the blog reads: 

 

"Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 ships with a completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and to provide quicker access to key functionality. We have also built in and improved our Anti-Rootkit and Chameleon self-protection technologies, which have been in beta for the past year."

I can vouch for the Beta Anti-Rootkit technology having used it for the past 15 months. The "Pro" version is now called "Premium" and you can read the entire blog post HERE

Now go out there and kill some Malware this week -

'Nuff Said,
Brian

1 comment: