Friday, November 16, 2012



BACK FROM MY ANNIVERSARY TRIP WITH,
SECURITY NEWS




Microsoft will release security patches for Windows 8 on Tuesday (or thereabouts). Many of you probably received them today (the 16th) as did I. Story HERE.

STOLEN OR LOST, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE WHEN IT HAS DATA ON 10,000 USERS?

A laptop was stolen from NASA which, according to Richard Keegan Jr. (associate deputy administrator at NASA) has some form of personal data on at LEAST 10,000 employees and/or contractors. I thought it was just the wind, but I guess it really was a giant "Oops" I heard when it took place.

FIRST CAME "RAT", NOW COMES - "SUPER RAT"

At some point this year I mentioned an article I had just read about a "RAT", known as "Remote Access Trojan", and according to the Security firm Trend Micro there is now a "Super RAT" romping across the Internet. While Super RAT tends to gnaw on Government and other Institution websites, it wouldn't be a stretch in the future to find out the big rodent is feeding on the little folk.  You can read more about him/it right HERE.

WHO IS SLOWER THAN DSL, BUT PAYS FOR CABLE INTERNET SPEED? It could be YOU...

As I mentioned (either here or on the Everythingandthebathwater Blog) Verizon will slow down your Internet speed if you are downloading or uploading things like music, games, or movies for others to then download them for free. If you're one of those who do, I would tend not to ignore a warning letter. More about this HERE.

'Nuff Said,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment