Wednesday, April 10, 2013

VOODOO HITS VUDU








Things seem to happen just after you sign up with them. Today, it's Walmart's "VUDU" video streaming program where you can put your ultraviolet movies up there to watch when and wherever from whatever. However it seems that their office was broken into and hard drives were stolen. What could be on those hard drives?

"The hard drives contained customer data including names, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, account activity, dates of birth, account passwords and the last four digits of some credit card numbers, the company said on Tuesday."

Happily I use another service much more often than this, but - my info was on there.

You can read about it in this PC WORLD security bulletin, HERE. And yes, the reset every users passwords.

'Nuff Said,
Brian

Oh - I almost forgot that this past night was Microsoft update night, which is why I found my PC had rebooted when I woke up. Everyone doesn't get hit with the updates at the same time, but they should be by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment