Thursday, August 30, 2012




ZERO DAY JAVA EXPLOIT 4 DAYS LATER




I have had several MAC calls this week for fear they had the JAVA exploit, but a quick check told me both computers were 1.6.0 and I told them not to update JAVA any further until this whole mess is settled out. Meanwhile, in the rest of the world:

Firefox is telling it's users to disable JAVA completely (I.E. users should do the same).
 
Security firms have found packages added to the exploit and if a computer is infected, the package opens and out jump a bunch of other Virus/Trojans.

From Computer World:

"Patrik Runald, director of security research at Websense, said his team had found more than 100 unique domains serving the Java exploit."

Other security firms are telling users to un-install JAVA entirely [ed. - something I did on Monday. I haven't had any problems without it, so until I do, it won't be re-installed]. Some reports say this "HOLE" won't be patched by Oracle until October.

Sharks are in the water, surf safer -
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment